Sr Accountant, Capital Assets
Finance | San Francisco, CA or Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
As a Senior Accountant, Capital Assets, you have in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, proficiency in accounting systems, and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient monthly/quarterly/annual close and financial reporting process. You pay great attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines as well as working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing environment.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to Sr Accounting Manager, Capital Assets and is designated Flex.
- Own assigned areas of the month end close process from end-to-end, including preparing journal entries and performing account reconciliations, to deliver timely and accurate financial results. Areas of focus: fixed assets and non-R&D internally developed software
- Implement best practices and standard procedures related to fixed asset accounting and reporting across entities
- Track capital projects and related accounting activities
- Participate in capital assets transformation and ad-hoc projects as needed
- Work with tax and local teams to align and communicate considerations related to significant fixed asset activities and statutory requirements
- Advise business partners on Capex vs Opex classification of relevant purchase commitments
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting for fixed assets and intangibles
- Perform periodic impairment and useful life analyses
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years accounting experience, Big 4 experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Oracle or other large well-known ERP / accounting systems
- A CPA or successful completion of the CPA exam with passing scores
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Experience in a large corporation or SaaS technology company
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Google suite
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $76,200 – $90,000 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.