Sales & Business Development | Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
DocuSign is growing fast, and we are looking for people to join our high-performance team who are excited to make a difference and help wherever needed. The solution engineer for commercial will support the majors sales team by helping to understand complex customer business problems and requirements and translate them into solutions leveraging DocuSign’s platform. This position will be virtual and will require travel across the U.S. region.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Manager, Commercial Solution Engineering and is designated Remote.
- Understand complex customer business problems within targeted territory and account list
- Visualize customer internal systems and information topology
- Map customer problems and systems to DocuSign solutions
- Establish confidence in recommendations via product expertise, custom product demonstrations, technical phone calls, workflow outlines, RFP/RFI responses, product roadmap discussions and business process diagrams
- Articulate selected recommendations
- Deliver trusted, long-term, high ROI solutions
- Partner with sales to deliver on revenue plan
- Exhibit proficiency of the core platform, including all current and future features
- Leverage knowledge gained from production deployments and customer experiences
- Communicate as well as champion the methods, processes and certifications which make DocuSign the most secure partner for eSignature transactions
- 2+ years of prior experience within a mid-market or enterprise-level, pre-sales role selling SaaS solutions and concepts
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Willingness to travel 45% or more as needed
- 3+ years of prior pre-sales experience within a mid-market or enterprise-level SaaS offering, ideally cloud based
- Proficient in delivering software demonstrations in person and virtually
- Experience with technical business documentation like workflow diagrams, proposals, SOWs, RFPs and RFIs, etc.
- Proven experience working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Familiarity with enterprise-class software systems like ERP, CRM and ECM systems
- Familiarity with system integration methods such as web services, SOAP APIs and REST APIs
- Familiarity with web-based solutions, website development, HTML, XML and structured data
- Familiarity with electronic signature concepts a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $83,200 – $116,800 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and community, to support public health efforts, and comply with the Executive Order that applies to federal contractors, this offer is conditioned upon submission of written proof, prior to your start date, that you are fully vaccinated. DocuSign will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.