Senior Systems Business Analyst
Sales & Business Development | Seattle, Washington
This position is eligible for remote employment in all but the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
As a Senior Systems Business Analyst, you will play a critical role in working with business teams, technical teams, and operations teams to optimize applications that impact the customer experience and deliver business value.
In this role you will understand customer needs and develop strategic product roadmaps to support shifting business priorities. This role requires proficiency in requirements analysis, solution design, process improvement and user testing, coupled with the ability to collaborate successfully across various business and technology teams.
To be successful, you will need to get deep into understanding the business thoroughly, rapidly diagnose issues and formulate solutions. An eagerness to learn, a customer and partnership-oriented mindset, humility and initiative are essential traits.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Go-To-Market (GTM) Operations, Systems and is designated Flex.
- Understand the customer’s business objectives, processes, needs, and user feedback, and work with partners & stakeholders to synthesize all of that into a prioritized set of user-centric functional and technical requirements
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations for modifying applications, workflows, or business processes, including identifying defects, and work with key stakeholders to validate business/systems requirements have been met to support the organization’s business needs
- Analyze data and documents from various technical teams to support system management needs
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Capture, analyze, and document solution requirements
- Facilitate user story creation and backlog grooming in an agile delivery environment
- Review and edit specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Partner with vendor product teams to align product roadmaps
- Advocate and advise on projects to enable critical features and functionality
- Work closely with various internal and external technical teams to ensure systems are built and configured to requirements and design specifications
- Develop test plans, test cases and lead user acceptance testing
- Be a key partner in communications for project team, stakeholders, and technical leads
- Develop and lead presentations to stakeholders and project communications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years relevant experience translating business requirements into technical requirements and leading technology implementation
- Prior experience with Sales Engagement Platforms, preferably Outreach.io and/or ZoomInfo
- Prior experience supporting Sales or Marketing
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, Salesforce app integrations, and Salesforce developers to support a broad user base (over 500 users)
- Prior experience in outbound prospecting in a SaaS company
- io Admin Certification
- Experience working in SCRUM / Agile methodology and in common toolsets like Jira
- Demonstrates critical analysis coupled with a proactive and positive approach
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills, including the ability to communicate to various levels of the organization and with non-technical partners
- Ability to work independently, effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Experience with business requirement elicitation techniques, including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Experience developing test plans and leading user acceptance testing
- Ability to effectively apply risk mitigation techniques and coordinate dependencies between other teams and initiatives across an organization
- Ability to couple technology expertise with deep understanding of business requirements to craft and deploy highly reliable, scalable, and sustainable technology solutions.
- Ability to produce clear procedures and system documentation.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Resilient and resourceful when solving complex problems
- Experience influencing without authority in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting sales teams, sales operations and an understanding of sales processes
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of sales engagement systems and Salesforce App Exchange applications
- Working knowledge of all facets of systems development lifecycle and IT operations
- Experience creating training and enablement materials and documentation for users
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude, and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.