Senior Product Manager – Identity and Access Management Platform
Product & Program Management | Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product & Program Management teams work on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative cross-border group that operates on the edge between Engineering and the business and helps to design solutions from concept to launch – all while focusing on and advocating for what’s best for our customers. We work closely with Engineering and Design to create some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products. We partner with the Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Security teams to bring the product to market.
As a Product Manager on the Identity and Access Management team, you develop the vision, roadmap and specifications for the identity fabric of all DocuSign services. We handle all aspects of the identity lifecycle management from user and tenant provisioning, login, GDPR compliance, to user profile management and deprovisioning, as well as access control policy management and enforcement and authentication for ISV and enterprise applications integration with our platform. This specific position will focus on defining and building a green-field central authorization system for the DocuSign Agreement Cloud — our next generation platform integrating all DocuSign products and services, including in particular our industry-leading eSignature product, as well as our Contract Lifecycle Management and agreement Insights products. Being successful in this position will require a mix of deep technical skills, ability to work across organizations to understand access control needs (ABAC, RBAC) and ensure adoption of the authorization platform, know-how in driving a large-scale project from inception to launch, willingness to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities, and a desire to be a contributor to an inclusive and collaborative team culture.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Product Management and is designated Flex.
● Build the strategy and roadmap for DocuSign’s access control infrastructure
● Drive the vision and requirements, translate them to functional specifications, facilitate a sound design and deliver an efficient platform that all DocuSign services can leverage
● Conduct research and work across organizations to deepen understanding of what resources need to be protected, the access patterns to those resources, and the administration models that are necessary for our customers to manage access to those resources
● Collaborate with other Product Managers on the team to define the broader identity strategy for DocuSign
● Establish in close partnership with the development team the architecture for the authorization system, at scale
● Define and drive implementation of the administration model for access control policies across DocuSign products and services
● Define and drive implementation of the APIs enabling 3rd party applications to interact with our access control systems
● Prioritize and manage a product backlog for effective release and sprint planning
● Evaluate and prioritize requirements in partnership with sales, marketing, and product team leadership, leveraging industry best practices and new innovations
● Facilitate requirements definition with design and engineering partners while identifying dependencies and relative priority with other product managers
● Partner with Program Management, Design and Engineering to ensure product ships on time and to quality
● A technical degree in BA/BS/Computer Science or equivalent work experience
● 8+ years of experience
● Experience working cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Engineering, IT, Operations, Program Management, Marketing, Sales and Customer Support
● Experience building and managing large-scale technology for a SaaS product
● Experience working with and designing Identity & Access Management systems, with focus on access control policies management
● Ability to design backend systems and APIs to interact with those backend
● Experience working with directory technology (AAD, Okta, OneLogin, ADFS, etc…)
● Ability to influence and collaborate in a matrixed environment having multiple stakeholders
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.