Senior Event Program Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, California or remote
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
The DocuSign Global Events team is made up of passionate marketers who embrace change and are agile and diverse. We are responsible for designing, driving, executing and measuring first and third-party live and digital events that target customers, partners and prospects with the goal of delivering business results. We are an integral, highly-valued, highly-visible part of DocuSign’s marketing mix that drives pipeline for the company.
The Senior Event Program Manager will assist with planning, development and execution of our first party proprietary events, in addition to playing a strategic role in our participation at large-scale 3rd party events. As a key-member of the DocuSign Global Events team, the Senior Event Marketing Manager helps drive the execution of Momentum — DocuSign’s annual customer conference and other proprietary event programs including digital thought-leadership events, in-person city tours and C-level events. We are looking for a marketing professional with event experience who is excited by the challenge of delivering large scale innovative event programs. The ideal candidate is a seasoned marketer with experience in multiple disciplines ranging from marketing strategy and program management, to impeccable execution and post event analysis.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Global Events and is designated Flex.
In this highly cross-functional role as a Senior Event Program Manager, you will work across the company to:
- Provide management and leadership to all assigned programs.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders (Sales, Country Marketing, Brand, Customer Success, Business Development, Analytics/Measurement, Finance, etc.) to help develop and define the program and go-to-market strategy for our first party events.
- Coordinate with other Marketing team members/disciplines, including but not limited to, Creative, Product Marketing, Content Marketing, Digital Marketing, audience acquisition etc., providing clear direction to maximize integrated efforts and program execution.
- Help manage and support a broad team of vendors, agencies, contractors and venues.
- Develop and maintain the event project plan, objectives, budget, measurement and timelines.
- Organize and manage team meetings and weekly conference calls.
- Develop program operations timelines and co-develop/strategize conference agendas and programs as required.
- Venue Management: Work with event management agencies to develop the future conference venue strategy, including venue review, approvals, selection, and space planning.
- Budget Management: Overall program budget management including budget forecasting, financial reporting, POs, SOWs, invoicing, contracts, etc.
- 3rd Party Vendor Management: Negotiate contracts and manage program venues and suppliers including: event management company, convention centers, transportation, audio-visual/production, housing management, registration, promotional vendors, exposition services, security, destination management, and other third-party vendors as required.
- Serve as primary contact and be accountable for execution of technology, working closely with our tech stack team.
- Work closely with our Registration and Web Managers to define tool requirements, timelines, execution and measurement, from pre-show through onsite execution.
- Provide strategic guidance and input on audience acquisition plan, working closely with our Senior Events Demand & Communications Manager.
- Working closely with our agency, oversee and be responsible for food and beverage planning and management including price negotiations, menu selection, and managing guarantees and actuals onsite.
- 8+ years successful experience in Event Management or Field Marketing roles planning large, complex programs (product launches, conferences, executive programs, and trade shows), preferably with at least 3 years of experience in a SaaS or high-tech company
- Experience creating program goals, messaging, communications, and overall event plans
- Understanding of event strategy, operations, and integrated event marketing
- Program, project, and time management skills
- Digital and physical event experience
- Highly organized, detail focused, results-driven, ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience with event ROI reporting, and the hands-on utilization of CRM (Salesforce, Oracle, etc.) and marketing automation platforms (Eloqua, etc.)
- A BA/BS degree required, or equivalent work experience with industry certifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills and proven success with complex contracts
- Thrive on teamwork and overcoming obstacles
- Solid understanding of event technology
- Advanced knowledge of event management and production for high technology conferences, events and trade shows
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.