Senior Director, Services Packaging & Pricing Strategy
Marketing | Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicate the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Build worldwide digital experiences that touch millions. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
The primary role of the Senior Director, Services Packaging & Pricing Strategy is to define and own the pricing, packaging, and strategy for the full portfolio of DocuSign Customer Success offerings, across Professional Services, Learning Services, Success Management, and Customer Support. This leader will partner extensively with cross-functional groups across Customer Success, Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Senior Vice President, Strategy and Product Marketing and is designated Flex.
- Develop and refine DocuSign’s Customer Success offerings (across implementation, adoption, and support) to drive accelerated growth across our business
- Incorporate industry best practices, product requirements, customer insights, and competitive insights with an understanding of our sales and customer success GTM motion
- Define pricing, packaging and positioning for new Customer Success offerings; this should reflect an understanding of our customer segments and market requirements, by region and geography
- Collaborate with Customer Success leadership and cross-functional partners to align on strategic priorities and support implementation of strategic initiatives
- Communicate the services portfolio roadmap and performance to all relevant stakeholders, detailing current service offerings, customer segmentations, attach rates, customer outcomes, program rules, and operational details, etc.
- Develop business cases to support new and ongoing investment in Customer Success offerings, including analyses of competitive industry situations, pricing recommendations, gross margins, and operational impact
- Partner with Services Marketing to develop relevant program collateral for new services offerings, for both internal and external (customer/field/partner facing) use and support field enablement efforts
- Manage the implementation and roll out of new Customer Success offerings, leveraging consistent program management techniques and partnering with marketing, field enablement, analytics, technology, finance, and operations teams to ensure a successful launch
- Partner with Customer Success Analytics and Finance teams to measure and report on portfolio performance, including established KPI’s, financial contributions, and successful customer outcomes
- Develop the team, motivate employees, and drive innovation
- Enable positive and collaborative culture that values customer-first approach, teamwork, high performance, and achieving results
- 15+ years related industry and customer experience
- 5+ years in organization leadership and management roles with strong ability to articulate strategy, lead implementations and change
- 5+ years of experience in leading or partnering with customer success, account management, or professional services consulting teams, within a SaaS model
- Direct experience in Customer Success strategy, customer experience, and/or pricing and packaging
- Understands SaaS market trends, customer expectations, partner (SI, ISV, Reseller) ecosystems, and revenue models
- Performance management and talent development expertise; recognized as a “talent developer”
- Demonstrated expertise addressing customer needs in identifying and implementing packaged services portfolio offerings
- Proven record leading cross functional, strategic programs
- Expertise for using data and analytics in long term strategic planning and development of GTM models
- Superior interpersonal skills, and effective relationship-building across functions.
- Executive level written and oral communication abilities.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.