Senior Director, Program Management Office
IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Operations | San Francisco, California or Seattle, Washington
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Ops team – is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & external customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
As the Senior Director, Program Management Office you ensure all of the Company’s major programs are planned, approved and implemented to meet the benefits and objectives of the business. In addition, you will track and report the status for each of these programs and investments at a granular level. You will work closely with a wide range of functional organizations, including Revenue Operations, Finance, Ecommerce, and Customer Success. You are a highly driven individual with strong emotional intelligence, a true self-starter with demonstrated experience in high growth, fast-paced organizations. And, you have the ability not to just drive consensus and provide direction, but you are seen as a hands-on subject matter expert capable of delivering the technology solutions required to solve complex business issues.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Vice President, Enterprise Transformation and Program Office and is designated Flex.
- Establish a framework for program management at DocuSign
- Develop strong partnerships with Finance, Engineering, Customer Success, Sales and Marketing to deliver value
- Create a robust program management process that all teams adhere to and follow with detailed governance structure
- Build program management performance reporting
- Manage intake of budget and investments
- Build and streamline the processes to drive adoption of new capabilities at scale
- Communicate program status, dependencies, scope creep, risks and mitigation plans
- Align stakeholders to a single program management governance model
- Develop and lead a collaborative team of 5-8 Program Managers
- Align with the strategic initiatives that drive the company’s growth
- Maintain strong relationships based on trust and transparency with primary business stakeholders
- Negotiate appropriate trade-offs and ensure clear accountability, targets, timelines and deliverables for each major initiative
- BA/BS degree
- 15+ years of industry experience
- Experience in running program management at a large-scale company
- Experience with cross-functional program management
- Experience in program and life cycle management
- MBA or advanced certifications preferred
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt as needed
- Record of planning and executing complex IT projects
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.