Senior Director, FP&A – North America Sales
Finance | San Francisco, CA or Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
As part of the Global Sales FP&A Team, this role will be responsible for leading the North America (NA) Sales and the Global Digital Sales Finance teams. The individual will manage a team responsible for working with business partners to develop and manage operating plans to optimize bookings, revenue, and operating expenses for the NA Sales and Global Digital Sales organizations. Responsibilities include business partnering, financial analysis and modeling, creating and managing financial plans and budgets, and analyzing, interpreting, and communicating financial and strategic analysis across DocuSign. This person will ensure financial and operating decisions are based on accurate financial data and apply financial expertise to inform overall strategy.
This position is a People Manager role, reporting to the Vice President, Global Sales Finance and is designated Flex.
- Partner with the NA and Global Digital Sales organizations to conduct financial analysis and develop strategic insights that drive business decisions. Ensure financial and operating decisions are based on accurate financial data and apply financial expertise to inform overall strategy and business direction
- Lead long-range and annual planning processes to drive long-term growth and scalability through new business opportunities, strategic investments and workforce optimization
- Drive annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasts for the NA Sales and Global Digital Sales organizations, providing insights into opportunities and risks in bookings, revenue, expenses, and headcount plan
- Develop robust models to streamline decision-making. Ensure financial objectives such as margins, growth, efficiency, productivity, etc. are appropriately analyzed and understood by business partners. Provide operational and strategic recommendations for business decisions based on insights and analysis from the Sales Finance team
- Partner with cross functional teams beyond Sales to provide financial and business leadership to support business decisions
- Prepare formal presentations with recommendations and summaries of financial results and forecasted results to C-suite
- Partner with the Company’s accounting, operations and analytics teams for month-end and quarter-end close reporting, driving internal processes to maintain and improve predictability of financial results
- Recommend and develop policies, procedures and systems to meet Company objectives
- Manage and develop a high-performing team
- BA or BS in business, finance, economics, accounting or related fields
- 12+ years relevant experience in finance with emphasis on forecasting planning, financial analysis, and financial modeling with relevant work experience as a FP&A business partner or a similar role
- 5+ years managing a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint). Advanced modeling skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial concepts
- Track record of influencing leadership decisions through clear communication of complex data analysis
- Fundamental understanding of Subscription-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model
- Prior experience supporting go-to-market teams
- Experience with financial and ERP systems such as Adaptive Planning, Anaplan, NetSuite, Rev Pro, Financial Force, Salesforce
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $185,400 – $261,900 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.