Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development | Tokyo, Japan
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our teams partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will make outbound calls to potential clients who have expressed interest in learning more about DocuSign or appear to be strong potential customers based upon our general market focus. The SDR qualifies prospective customers through targeted questions about their business strategy then leveraging this information to align and sell DocuSign’s product offerings. This position spends roughly 80% of the time on the phone prospecting new clients. SDRs will receive hands-on training with an emphasis on strategic selling and a focus on researching targeted accounts. This position is a great way for individuals to gain in-depth experience in a rapidly growing SaaS company.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Manager, Sales Development and is designated Flex.
- Make outbound calls to prospects who have expressed interest in learning more about DocuSign
- Make outbound calls to prospects who are deemed to reside in one of DocuSign’s core vertical markets
- Share information about DocuSign and ask questions about the prospect's business intentions
- Discern propensity to buy and forward good potential leads to the Sales Account Executives to pursue
- Schedule appointments between prospects and Account Executives
- Record prospect information in CRM database
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience with outbound prospecting sales
- Communication skills: Native level of Japanese
- Excellent vocal skills, courteous, well-spoken, and have a pleasing tone
- Ability to ask question, gather information and formulate an action plan to connect business needs to solutions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take initiative and manage time effectively
- Communication skills in English is a plus
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate with regards to any legally protected characteristics.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.