Revenue Operations Business Analyst
Finance I San Francisco, California
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
The Revenue Operations Business Analyst is responsible for driving changes to the business processes and systems required for bookings and revenue recognition. The responsibilities include partnering with Sales, IT, Marketing, Product, Billing/Collections, and various stakeholders in the Company to plan, define, develop, and maintain business processes within the Salesforce.com, and Apttus platforms. This role will be responsible for successfully driving projects and initiatives around systems development from a business standpoint.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Senior Manager, Revenue Operations (Business Systems) and is designated Flex.
- Serve as a business stakeholder for all system and business process changes in Salesforce and Apttus related to opportunity management, quoting, booking, and provisioning
Identify business challenges, recommend solutions, and lead the implementation of solutions to complex issues
- Work with multiple stakeholders across various departments for the delivery of project requirements and high-level decision making to solve complex business issues and improve efficiency in the pre- and post-Sales process
- Provide a combination of technical and business expertise to IT and Enterprise Applications to assist with the implementation of strategic business initiatives
- Communicate timelines for RevOps team alignment and validate process changes with business stakeholders on Strategic Projects (i.e. Salesforce CPQ, ERP, etc.)
- Track tasks, provide timely status updates, and identify and remove impediments that block the team’s ability to meet project objectives
- Serve as the first point of contact for Sales, Finance, Billing and Collections, Legal and all members of the Revenue Operations team to design new business processes
- Assist with and conduct user acceptance testing to validate the accurate implementation of all system changes and ensure the successful deployment of relevant projects
- Run daily audit reports to maintain clean and accurate data across various business processes
- Provide reporting and analytics for reliable access to high quality data
Respond to process and policy questions and effectively communicate requirements to Sales
- Apply knowledge, skills and judgment to make moderately difficult decisions and resolve issues
- Challenge legacy policies and procedures that complicate quote, order, invoice, credit, commissions, and revenue processing, and formulate creative solutions or work-around based on that analysis
- Develop in-depth documentation to be used for test plans, use cases, system conceptual design, and the general accessibility of knowledge
- Provide training and enablement on existing processes and best practices for Sales, Legal, and all relevant stakeholders
- Oversee an effective change management process to facilitate smooth adoption of new processes and develop best practices for change implementation on future projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Operations Specialist in a SaaS company
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce or another CRM
- Experience with Apttus and/or Salesforce.com Administrator Certification a plus
- Process improvement and/or project management experience
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving abilities, and extreme attention to detail
- Strong level of expertise in Microsoft suite of tools, Apttus, and Salesforce.com applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues, ability to think quickly
- Ability to understand broader business and financial issues and juggle multiple projects and tasks
- Must maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations while working within a team environment
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.