Regional Sales Director
Sales & Business Development | Mexico City, Mexico
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Sales Director is responsible for managing a team of Managers developing and closing new business (logos) and expanding the current DocuSign footprint (use cases) in customer accounts within DocuSign’s business. The Regional Director is accountable for coaching individual contributors and people managers, exceeding quarterly & annual quota, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy, and helping their team drive adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem. This role will manage a team of leaders who support our SMB and Mid-Market Verticals.
This position is a people manager and reports to the Regional Vice President of Sales Commercial LATAM.
- Daily management of sales teams – Includes pipeline/deal review, coaching & customer facing within sales cycles
- Grow DocuSign revenue within the Small Business and Mid-Market segment by selling into prospect & install base accounts
- Assess sales activities & forecasts, determine sales progress & required improvements
- Coach team to develop their sales skills including vertical market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, & other necessary skills; while maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Provide value in complex negotiations & the closing of new business, including appropriate use of Senior Sales & Corporate Executives to maximize results
- Ensure the team effectively leverages sales tools & systems consistently & in alignment with Rules of Engagement
- Communicate & prioritize product & business needs from the field to appropriate corporate departments
- Provide the sales team an effective sales executive to leverage in the sales cycle
- Develop & execute upgrade/renewal process & strategies and ensure compliance to internal data management & reporting including use of internal CRM tools
- Maintain/protect DocuSign core values by hiring culturally aligned team members & leading by example
- Identify & support opportunities for the training & professional development of department personnel
- Operate well in a fast paced, dynamic environment without requiring significant supervision.
- 12+ years of people management experience within software sales (Enterprise, SMB or Midmarket), leading teams that close net-new business
- 12+ years’ experience selling software and/or services
- BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of prior leadership experience managing sales teams within software, ideally SaaS-based offerings (both on-premise and Cloud)
- 10+ years’ experience selling software in a quota-carrying role
- Quota-attainment record of meeting and/or exceeding targets by managing process for identifying, qualifying, & closing new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base
- Prior experience developing and maintaining business, sales, & vertical market plans as well as negotiating & closing complex deal
- Track record of building, coaching and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Prior experience selling an eSignature or Agreement or Document solution also helpful
- Experience selling into a variety of industries and territories as well as experience cultivating larger, strategic relationships key
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects and teams as needed as well as leverage internal resources to problem-solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – includes excellent reporting and forecasting skills. Attention to detail is critical
- Willingness to travel 25% or more as needed
- Fluent English
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate with regards to any legally protected characteristics.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.