Program Manager Intern
Product & Program Management | San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA or Remote, US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product & Program Management teams work on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative cross-border group that operates on the edge between Engineering and the business and helps to design solutions from concept to launch – all while focusing on and advocating for what’s best for our customers. We work closely with Engineering and Design to create some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products. We partner with the Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Security teams to bring the product to market.
As a Program Manager Intern, you will lead and motivate our teams by driving innovative and measurable solutions to maximize efficiency for team members, while creating the best experiences for our customers. You will also be responsible for managing a project, impact, and complexity through all phases of the development lifecycle. This intern role will manage interdependencies and integration among teams, and stakeholders. This role will also be data driven and will be required to do analysis of program and project health
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Program Management and is designated Flex.
- Manage the program-level decomposition for the delivery team. Work across organizational boundaries to define program interdependencies and release plans
- Act as scrum master for select team(s) to ensure daily stand ups, proper backlog grooming, sprint planning, end of spring demos and stakeholder updates
- Partner with the product manager to define an end to end launch plan and identify gaps
- Define communication plan for assigned project, lead communication within the team, to stakeholders and at cross-functional meetings
- Run reporting against progress for scrum team (burn down) and overall program schedule
- Ensure adherence to engineering SDLC and visibility to release management (e.g. release targets updated during sprint planning)
- Identify and track risks to engineering delivery and overall program schedule
- Conduct change management efforts impacting one or multiple mission’s cross-functional processes
- Pursuing a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science and enrolled during the term of the internship
- This role is not eligible for CPT, OPT or sponsorship now or in the future
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Ability to lead without authority to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering
- Business acumen and technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audiences
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Proficient using Atlassian Toolset: Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Slack
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado hourly pay range for individuals currently pursuing an undergraduate degree: $38/hour – $39/hour and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and community, to support public health efforts, and comply with the Executive Order that applies to federal contractors, this offer is conditioned upon submission of written proof, prior to your start date, that you are fully vaccinated. DocuSign will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.