Product Marketing Director – Customer Success Services
Marketing | San Francisco, CA or Chicago, IL
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more-agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Marketing team creates world-class content and data-driven marketing solutions that communicate the value of DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud to reach more customers and help them understand the potential impact DocuSign can have on their business. We design creative for a new business campaign. Refine messaging around new product launches. Organize captivating customer events. Develop innovative social media campaigns. Collaborate on playbooks and training with the Sales team. Marketing is the face and voice of DocuSign and plays a key, high-impact role in how we tell our story.
As a key member of the Customer Success Marketing team, you will be responsible for building a compelling narrative, communicating value and increasing sales effectiveness for DocuSign’s Customer Success portfolio and services offerings. You will develop Customer Success Go-to-Market product messaging and positioning, enable our field teams with content, assets and tools aligned to customer needs in various stages of the sales cycle, and collaborate with our core product marketing teams to drive impact and product adoption. You’ll work cross-functionally with Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Business Development, and key stakeholders to ensure appropriate operational cadence, review and alignment to support the growth and enablement of the Customer Success portfolio of product and services offerings.
This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Marketing and is designated Flex.
- Own the development of positioning, messaging, value proposition and content that supports DocuSign’s Customer Success portfolio and services offerings
- Collaborate with Core Product Management teams to ensure that Customer Success is aligned and featured, launched, and communicated effectively
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement teams to ensure that content, tools, and other Customer Success Product Marketing assets are effectively deployed to, and used by, the field
- Create, lead, manage, and measure Customer Success product marketing and partner with audience and product marketers on lead generation initiatives to showcase the value of DocuSign’s comprehensive capabilities and offerings
- Support strategic customer and internal events (e.g. customer and partner conferences, sales meetings) by owning development of presentations, sessions, and training as needed
- Represent DocuSign at third-party events
- 12+ years in total marketing experience with a mix of product marketing, content marketing and/or customer experience strategy with a focus on Enterprise Customers
- 2+ years of deep understanding of Customer Success, Professional Services and/or Global Support adoption marketing concepts and capabilities
- Strong ability to collaboratively articulate end-to-end customer vision, strategy, and plans to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, with examples of results converting strategy to execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create net new content, collateral and marketing assets specific to Customer Success product launches
- Proven record creating content and customer-facing resources, with the ability to digest and articulate complex concepts for mass consumption via engaging content
- Proven ability to understand and simplify complex, technical topics for non-technical audiences
- Experience working with multiple digital or third party agencies to drive programs and projects
- Demonstrated expertise leading cross functional, large-scale strategic marketing programs or global initiatives, working in highly matrixed regional and global teams
- Proven experience in implementing actionable metrics and measurement frameworks to quantifiably assess marketing program and content and asset performance, contribution to business and customer outcomes, and engagement relative to the customer journey
- Exceptional communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders
- Highly collaborative, creative, goal-oriented, self-starter and team-centric
- Superior interpersonal skills, and effective relationship-building talents
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.