Product Manager Intern
Product & Program Management | San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA or Chicago, IL or Remote, US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product & Program Management teams work on some of the most impactful and challenging problems in the Software industry. We are a highly collaborative cross-border group that operates on the edge between Engineering and the business and helps to design solutions from concept to launch – all while focusing on and advocating for what’s best for our customers. We work closely with Engineering and Design to create some of the most innovative never-been-done-before products. We partner with the Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Finance, Legal, and Security teams to bring the product to market.
You will work with existing product teams to coordinate the execution and delivery efforts of new product features around delivering outcome driven reports and dashboards. You will work across teams to help develop the Roadmap, Project plan, Go-to-Market Plan and execute on delivering the project on time and on budget while managing the dependencies and mitigating risks as they arise. This will allow you to gain a broad experience in the full software development process from early stage idea to launch.
You will excel in this role if you are an excellent communicator with the ability to work with nearly every function at DocuSign, from engineering, design, user research, product management, product marketing, customer support, and sales.
We are especially interested in creative and quantitative, data-driven product managers. Your objectives will be directly linked to successful aggressive yet realistic planning which has buy-in from the cross functional teams, on time delivery of the release to customer, and driving operational efficiency.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Product Management and is designated Flex.
- Drive requirements and translate them to functional specifications for engineering and design
- Prioritize and manage the backlog for effective release and sprint planning
- Become an authority on your area of responsibility and identify areas of opportunity through research and data
- Spend time with end-users to understand their pain points and gather insights on how we can solve big customer problems in a delightful way
- Work with engineering, design, user research, product marketing, and program management to build and launch quality features on time
- Take a data-driven approach in defining success metrics, prioritizing requirements, and communicating the plan, progress, and success
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree, MBA, or equivalent work experience
- This role is not eligible for CPT, OPT or sponsorship now or in the future
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in product management and / or release management working on software engineering projects
- Excellent organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize work in an effective manner
- Experience as an owner of a product backlog
- Experience working on a SaaS product
- Demonstrated ability to manage product delivery commitments with multiple stakeholders
- Direct experience with Agile development and Design thinking methodology
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado hourly pay range for individuals pursuing an undergraduate degree: $38/hour – 39/hour and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits. Colorado hourly pay range for individuals pursuing a graduate degree: $41/hour – 43/hour and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.