Manager, Solution Engineering
Sales & Business Development | Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Manager of Solution Engineering is responsible for managing a team of Commercial Solution Engineers (individual contributors) who support our Commercial field sales teams. This SE team discovers and understands customer business challenges, complex processes, and architectural landscapes in order to build world-class integrated solutions leveraging DocuSign’s platform and suite of products. Through engaging stories and custom-built demonstrations, SEs illustrate the value and benefits of modernizing a prospect’s System of Agreement through DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud offerings. The Manager is accountable for coaching and developing these individual contributors, helping them to drive adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem.
This position is a people manager reporting to the Director of Solution Engineering and is designated Flex.
- Perform daily management of Solution Engineering team
- Drive collaboration with the Commercial field sales team to aid in cultivating and securing net-new business
- Empower team to uncover, comprehend, and document complex business challenges, processes, and enterprise architecture
- Coach team to develop technical credibility and build confidence in recommended solutions leveraging product expertise, custom product demonstrations, business insights, business process diagrams, product roadmap presentations, and driving technical discussion
- Ensure the team effectively leverages sales tools and systems consistently and in accordance with Rules of Engagement
- Communicate and prioritize product and business needs from the field to appropriate internal teams including Product Development, Product Marketing, Sales Enablement, Support, Professional Services, and others
- Assess team operations continually and make adjustments or policy recommendations to drive team efficiency and collaboration
- Maintain and protect DocuSign core values by hiring culturally aligned team members and leading by example
- Identify and support opportunities for training and professional development of team
- 5+ years of people management experience within software sales
- BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years experience in a technical Pre-Sales role selling Commercial level software
- 15+ years experience in a technical Pre-Sales role selling Commercial level software, ideally supporting Commercial sales
- Track record of building, coaching and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Proven experience working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Familiarity with Commercial-class software systems such as ERP, CRM, and ECMProven experience with software system configuration and integration
- Familiarity with system integration methods such as web services, SOAP APIs, and REST APIs
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, and structured data
- Familiarity with electronic signature concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
- Willingness to travel 25% or more as needed
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $117,400 – $179,000 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.