Manager, Solution Engineering
Sales & Business Development | Sydney or melbourne, Australia
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Manager of Solution Engineering is responsible for managing a team of Solution Engineers (individual contributors) who support our Majors and Enterprise Sales teams. This SE team discovers and understands customer business challenges, complex processes, and architectural landscapes in order to build world-class integrated solutions leveraging DocuSign’s platform and suite of products. Through engaging stories and custom-built demonstrations, SEs illustrate the value and benefits of modernizing a prospect’s System of Agreement through DocuSign’s Agreement Cloud offerings. The Manager is accountable for coaching and developing these individual contributors, helping them to drive adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem.
This position reports to the Director of Solution Engineering for ANZ and is designated flex.
- Daily management of Solution Engineering team
- Scale team by attracting and mentoring extraordinary people with various levels of experience to grow a well-balanced, high performing team
Identify and create opportunities for training and professional development of team
- Provide individual coaching to help develop and refine core technical, selling, and presentation skills to help team grow and excel
- Drive collaboration with sales team to aid in cultivating and securing net-new business
- Communicate and prioritize product and business needs from the field to appropriate internal teams including Product Development, Product Marketing, Sales Enablement, Support, Professional Services, and others
- Ensure team effectively operates in accordance with team policies and procedures
- Continually assess team operations and make adjustments or policy recommendations to drive team collaboration, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Maintain and protect DocuSign core values by hiring culturally aligned team members and leading by example
- 2+ years of leadership experience in software sales
- 5+ years of experience in a technical Pre-Sales role
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Track record of building, coaching and enabling a rapidly growing team
- Masterful in delivering software demonstrations, both in-person or remotely
- Proven experience with cloud software configuration and integration
- Experience with technical business documentation including process flows, architectural diagrams, proposals, RFPs and RFIs, etc.
- Proven experience working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Familiarity with system integration methods such as web services including SOAP & REST APIs
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, and structured data
- Familiarity with Enterprise-class software systems such as ERP, CRM, and ECM.
- Familiarity with electronic signature and/or CLM concepts a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
- Willingness to travel 25% or more as needed (post pandemic)
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.