Investor Relations Analyst
Finance | San Francisco, California or Remote, US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
You are an extremely motivated, organized individual. You will assist in serving as a key point of contact for the IR team, supporting the investor communication strategy including investor presentations and quarterly earnings. You will be responsible for helping to generate key data, benchmarking and other deliverables to keep investors up-to-date on DocuSign’s performance and industry trends. You will add value by collecting and analyzing a variety of data by interacting with multiple departments, helping to highlight trends that will be communicated to the street. The candidate will assist in monitoring the Street’s Sellside ratings and estimates on DocuSign’s performance to help the VP of IR and management understand positioning and enable the development and communication of strategic advantages to the investment community. The team is dedicated to increasing shareholder value through the transparent and clear communication of the company’s mission, vision and values to external markets, analysts, and to current and new shareholders.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Vice President and Head of Investor Relations and is designated Flex.
- Review and analyze sellside models to generate consensus model including financial and operational data and valuation metrics and analyze industry trends, peers, etc.
- Monitor IR email/voicemail inquiries and research and help prepare responses to external stakeholders and investor inquiries
- Track all investor marketing activities in Ipreo and create investor profiles, targeting and ownership reports and analysis, database
- Manage IR calendar, organization and logistics of investor meetings and materials, conferences, non-deal roadshows, other events
- Coordinate the planning and execution of semi-regular investor day events
- Attend analyst & investor meetings
- Work closely with Finance and business units to track quarterly/historical financial data, benchmark vs peers
- Gather and assimilate information and ensure forecast and messaging aligned with expectations across financial statements
- Help prepare periodic reports regarding stock price/trading, valuation vs. peers, investor perception and peer industry news (i.e. industry/competitive/emerging trends)
- Manage the production of quarterly earnings preparation (financial trending, release, scripts, Q&A, etc.)
- Organize and update quarterly investor presentations, talking points, Q&A
- Collect data and derive insights from quarterly earnings reports, conference presentations and other events, and prepare summary reports for management, analyst/investor meetings
- Collect, monitor analyst reports and analyst consensus to provide feedback to management on Street perspective
- Manage all logistics for quarterly conference calls
- Assist in ensuring disclosure and Reg FD compliance by tracking data sheet and working with corp comms, PR, counsel
- Assist in working with various teams to stay up to date on trends in business – marketing, new products, competitive landscape, etc.
- Review and track disclosure in SEC filings, proxy statements, as appropriate
- Assist in management of the IR portion of the website
- Relevant degree (Finance, Accounting, Communications, Economics or related fields)
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Financial background in equity research, buyside, corporate finance/investment banking, finance
- Experience with financial statements, valuation methods and capital markets
- Worked with a publicly-traded company operating under the Reg FD and SEC regulatory framework
- Familiarity with and IR databases (Thomson, Ipreo) and similar platforms
- Buy-side/sell-side communication experience
- SaaS public company experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to convey key insights in a comprehensive and persuasive manner to investors/analysts/senior management
- Top notch Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal, team and collaboration skills, and a demonstrated ability to build/maintain cross-functional relationships and bring together different groups, teams, and projects as required; resourceful
- Ability to excel in fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities, multiple projects, while remaining detail oriented
- Energetic, efficient, flexible and resourceful team player and individual contributor with a sense of urgency and an insatiable appetite to learn
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills to ensure investor communications are handled efficiently and in keeping with applicable regulations
- Analytical skills required to create financial models and evaluate sell-side models
- Ability to travel up to 20%, as needed
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado hourly pay range: $40.82/hour – $49.09/hour and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and community, to support public health efforts, and comply with the Executive Order that applies to federal contractors, this offer is conditioned upon submission of written proof, prior to your start date, that you are fully vaccinated. DocuSign will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.