FP&A Manager, Corporate FP&A
Finance | San Francisco, California
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
As part of the Corporate FP&A team, this role will be responsible for performing financial analysis and modeling, designing and preparing the financial plans and budgets, as well as analyzing, interpreting, and communicating financial information to management. This individual will lead DocuSign’s global revenue forecasting, support short-term planning processes, and partner closely with leaders across the company to deliver accurate financial forecasting and actionable insights. This person will play an integral role in driving value across the company and apply financial expertise to inform DocuSign’s overall strategy.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to Sr. Manager, Corporate FP&A and is designated Flex.
- Own, manage, and lead DocuSign’s revenue forecasting processes (monthly, quarterly, annual and long-range plan) with high degree of accuracy and visibility
- Partner with Accounting, Sales Ops, Rev Ops, and Sales to continuously deepen our understanding of how topline metrics impact revenue
- Support short term financial planning processes related to consolidated P&L forecasts. Ensure financial objectives such as revenue growth, margins, efficiency, and resource allocation are optimized
- Build and enhance robust financial models, track and analyze key metrics, uncover trends and assess current and future business risks and opportunities
- Prepare and present analyses, forecasts, and recommendations to senior management to support critical decisions for the company
- Synthesize large amounts of information from multiple sources and applications to understand key revenue drivers and translate into actionable recommendations.
- Drive process improvements to support the company’s growth at scale
- BA or BS in business, finance, economics, accounting or related fields
- 8+ years experience in FP&A or similar position with emphasis on forecasting, financial analysis, and financial modeling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint), advanced modeling skills required (Excel test will be administered)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and financial concepts
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and able to operate with limited information or guidance at times
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, manipulate, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with partners at all levels of the organization
- Track record of influencing leadership decisions through clear communication of complex data analysis
- Fundamental understanding of Subscription-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model
- Prior experience in Corporate FP&A roles
- Experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, leading to recommendation and action plans
- Experience with financial and ERP systems such as Adaptive Planning, Anaplan, NetSuite, Rev Pro, Salesforce, Oracle (ERP, EPM Cloud Planning)
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and community, to support public health efforts, and comply with the Executive Order that applies to federal contractors, this offer is conditioned upon submission of written proof, prior to your start date, that you are fully vaccinated. DocuSign will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.