FP&A Analyst – Asia Pacific & Japan
Finance | Sydney, Australia
Our Agreement with Employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
This is an individual contributor role that reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) based in Sydney. As part of the Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) FP&A team and as a key member of the growing International Finance team, you will partner closely with DocuSign’s Customer Success and Sales organizations by performing financial analysis and modelling, designing and preparing financial plans and budgets, as well as analysing, interpreting, and communicating financial information to management. You will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (long-range and annual plans, quarterly outlooks, and monthly forecasts), where you will maintain and communicate relevant performance metrics, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting models to reflect operational changes.
- Own annual budgeting, monthly close, and forecast processes
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand detailed spend drivers and perform ad-hoc financial analyses to support investment decisions
- Develop tools, reporting templates & data infrastructure to effectively communicate, in a timely manner, spend activity and financial performance to a range of audiences, including senior leadership
- Maintain robust models to streamline decision-making. Ensure financial objectives such as margins, growth, efficiency, productivity, etc. are appropriately analysed and understood by business partners
- Prepare presentations and provide recommendations to senior management, including developing and reporting key performance indicators
- Actively contribute to org structure design decisions as the business scales
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ experience with 3+ years in Finance with emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and modelling
- Advanced skills in Excel; experience building complex and detailed financial models
- CPA, CA, FP&A, CFA, MBA, a plus
- FP&A experience at a publicly traded company
- Experience working in a high-growth SaaS environment
- Experience in Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy
- Experience with Adaptive and Netsuite or other large, well-known ERP/accounting systems
- Well-grounded understanding of accounting principles and their impact on planning and reporting
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to work independently in an unstructured, ever-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with partners at all levels of the organization
- Strong team player
- Be curious, tenacious and possess a continuous learning mindset
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, colour, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.