Enterprise Finance Business Architect
IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Operations | San Francisco, California
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our IT, InfoSec, Cyber Risk & Business Ops team – is in the business of trust and reliability. We create, maintain and operate scalable technology and data solutions that deliver an exceptional experience for our internal & exernal customers. We embrace Agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and view infrastructure as code, all while we create an infrastructure that scales and supports our growth and ambitious vision. This requires a smart, highly collaborative team who can identify, investigate, and implement new technologies to continue securely scaling our global business.
DocuSign is looking for a highly motivated scale and transformation minded Enterprise Business Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture team. This multidimensional role will work closely in different business domains and disciplines with a focus on finance and accounting business processes including order to cash, revenue recognition, record to report, and procure to pay. They will also reach into adjacent areas like sales, marketing, commerce, legal, HR and others. They will also be responsible for understating finance impacts for the varying DocuSign customer channels across: digital e-commerce, direct, and partner driven sales.
They will work closely with the key business teams to interpret and contextualize our company strategy and lead business process engineering and re-engineering efforts to drive scale, standardization, and global expansion as DocuSign continues to grow its global leadership in Document Agreement Cloud technologies. Additionally, they will assess new technology architecture changes, work cross-functionally to support projects, and help continue the maturation of the Enterprise Architecture practice at DocuSign.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a driven team, build experience and expertise by solving modern business problems and having exposure to cutting edge technologies that are used to power DocuSign’s enterprise. We are looking for someone who loves to solve important business problems, has a curiosity for technology, and isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Enterprise Business Architecture and is designated Flex.
- Consult, influence and interpret the business vision and strategy in partnership with business leaders
- Coordinate with the program management team to orchestrate cross-functional business leaders in support of sequencing, prioritizing and execution of strategic roadmap
- Manage business capability maturity models and roadmaps, key performance indicators and metrics to showcase impact of systems
- Plan, guide, and facilitate interactive discovery meetings including the exploration of current as-is business processes and challenges, operational models and technology
- Drive and deliver cross-functional target-state design sessions
- Translate discovery findings and present transformative enterprise wide to-be solutions to influence change at an organization to stakeholders up to C-level
- Establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player with exceptional communication, analytical, and leadership skills
- Collaborate and take the lead on initiatives to further mature our ability to support end-to-end enterprise architecture practice
- Partner with architecture teammates and adjacent subject matter area experts to extend bench strength through teaching, training and cultivating collaboration spaces in different subject areas
- Define program policies and documentation of best practices within your business domain with business stakeholders. This includes support of: business engagement framework, business capability inventory and business process diagrams
- Ability to understand, translate business needs and drive out-of-box adoption to industry standard/best-in-class platforms
- Lead with customer experience by translating business requirements into simple and modern solutions end user experiences
- Assess new technologies, manage RFPs, and coordinate with technology vendors to determine best fit while ensuring compliance with DocuSign’s architectural and security standards and long-term system roadmap
- Provide feedback on technical design specifications, configurations, instructions and other system related information in partnership with technical architects
- Partner with key technical, compliance and security teams to design trust focused solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience in driving large scale, cross-functional transformation blending business operations and technology together
- Experience successfully scaling critical business processes to a growing medium-sized enterprise
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in an ambiguous changing environment and complete multiple projects effectively and concurrently
- Extensive ability to navigate cross-functional relationships, resolve issues and conflicts with proven experience driving teams to successful alignment and completion of projects
- Track record of promoting innovation and meaningful change, through continuous improvement in a resource-constrained environment
- Experience with Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle Subscription Management, RevPro, Zuora, FinancialForce, Avalara and other enterprise finance tools
- Masters’ degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and community, to support public health efforts, and comply with the Executive Order that applies to federal contractors, this offer is conditioned upon submission of written proof, prior to your start date, that you are fully vaccinated. DocuSign will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.