Employee Benefits Program Manager
People & Social Responsibility | Dublin, Ireland
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our People & Social Responsibility team is creating a unique culture at DocuSign – one that is collaborative and one that embraces the full range of perspectives and experiences of all our employees. People are what drive our company’s success. That is why we focus on hiring the right people and giving them the tools and training they need to do the work of their lives. We recognize our people are driven by a sense of purpose and want to give back. That’s why we established the DocuSign IMPACT Foundation and the DocuSign for Forests initiative which demonstrates our people’s character in action.
Working as part of the Global Rewards team, the Employee Benefits Program Manager will support the design, implementation, and ongoing management of DocuSign employee benefit programs across the EMEA & APJ regions, providing additional global support as required. This person will be responsible for the end-to-end success of our regional benefit programs including benefit analysis, vendor management, benefit communications, and program implementation.
This position reports to the Manager, International Benefits EMEA & APJ.
- Manage EMEA Benefit programs, including plan renewals, vendor changes and new program expansions, with the support of the cross functional partners, local brokers, and global consultants
- Create and continuously review Benefit policies in collaboration with HR, to ensure suitability and alignment with local requirements
- Understand local benefit requirements, evaluate employee benefits data, and recommend and implement new programs, in compliance with local country and regulatory requirements
- Provide input into the overall strategic focus for EMEA & APJ benefits design and management
- Continuously evaluate benefit offerings to ensure market and cost competitiveness, to enable DocuSign to attract and retain talent
- Manage benefits communications with employees and candidates across all applicable channels, and create new content as required
- Support and facilitate global benefits events across the region
- Support M&A reviews to seamlessly integrate benefit offerings and introduce new programs across countries as DocuSign continues to scale
- Manage vendor on-boarding and timely payments in line with all internal governance requirements and controls
- Support the broader Benefits team with projects or administration as needed
- Answer employee and HR queries directed to the EMEA/APJ Benefits inbox
- Process benefits enrollments, adjustments, terminations, vendor queries and invoicing, and provide timely Payroll reporting as required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of related Benefits management experience
- Experience supporting international HR & Reward functions across EMEA and/or APJ
- Experience of implementing new employee benefit programs and ongoing vendor management
- Ability to work independently while knowing when to engage with peers and management for strategic guidance and support
- Strong analytical, reporting and project management skills
- Excellent relationship building and organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with logical problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgement
- Understanding of region-specific employment legislation and local market requirements
- Can-do and positive attitude with an employee centric focus, and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the role to ensure success
- Proficiency in French as a second business language is desirable
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.