Director, Workplace Experience
Workplace Experience | San Francisco, CA
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers, and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Workplace Experience (WE) team designs and creates a unique experience and environment that supports our collaborative culture of innovation. The global team oversees strategy and execution of our daily global office operations, and activates new workplace experience solutions and service offerings, while driving excellence to operationalize the future of work. The WE Team strives to deliver authentic and relevant front line service experiences, create meaningful moments of connections, and support Team DocuSign’s flexibility and productivity.
The Director of Workplace Experience, as a member of the Workplace & Real Estate leadership team, leads the WE team who are responsible designing, operationalizing, and executing experiences at all DocuSign locations. The role will partner closely with HR, IT, Finance, Marketing, Communications, and other cross functional teammates to ensure a holistic employee experience that connects people to each other and the DocuSign brand. They will focus on several key initiatives for success: Workplace experience innovation and scale-transformation, construction design, operational excellence, and team/leadership development.
The role is critical to envisioning the future of work and developing actionable strategies that elevate the employee experience and unlock the potential of new ways of working across the globe. As return-to-office is on the horizon, we have an exciting opportunity to bring us together, anywhere, either in person or at a distance, and to leverage DocuSign’s strong brand to create experiences, big and small, that are as real as they get.
This role is a people manager reporting to the Head of Workplace Experience and Real Estate and is designated Flex.
- Use data and leverage user insights to develop innovative workplace experience programs, services, and process improvements
- Develop change management strategies to enable new services and tools to support the future of work
- Develop user journeys to identify opportunities for service and experience innovation
- Co-create actionable strategies for DocuSign that bring to life the future of work
- Respond to dynamic conditions in the short term, and informing future workplace strategy for the long term
- Co-create and manage the design and construction of near-term office investments, with an emphasis on prototyping/piloting concepts to inform future real estate strategy, design principles and standards
- Co-leading project execution
- Ensure all programs are effectively operationalized, with demonstrated business case, financial models, and success metrics
- Develop frameworks, processes, and governance to ensure the team is an exceptional steward of the DocuSign portfolio and brand
- Ensure strategic partner/vendor relationships are exceptional and that all contracts are executed with a high degree of diligence and care
- Lead teams responsible for front of house and back of house experience, including facilities operations, food and beverage, meeting and events, security, and external strategic partners and vendors
- Co-create future vision for the workplace experience and operations team, setting objectives, KPI’s, and creating a movement to make continual progress to that vision
- Elevate the profile and brand of the team by celebrating wins, empowering collective ownership, and advocating across the organization for talent development
- Develop organization capability model and talent plans
- 15+ years of relevant work experience with a focus on experiences and/or hospitality
- In depth corporate real estate knowledge to effectively lead across the end-to-end workplace ecosystem
- Leadership of large-scale workplace experience programs and contributing teams
- Implementation of activity-based workplace, service and technology solutions
- Experience developing and managing significant OPEX and CAPEX budgets
- Extensive experience in all aspects of corporate real estate with a specific focus on workplace experience design and service delivery
- A design thinking mindset and familiarity with user centered design methods to leverage data and insights to drive workplace experience innovation
- Proven ability to develop strategies, programs and concepts from small scale pilots to enterprise scale-building sound business case and gaining Executive sponsorship of concepts and recommendations
- A natural ability to influence, communicate, and build alignment across all levels of the organization
- An empathetic, inspirational, and action-oriented leadership style. Experience leading global, cross functional teams and developing talent potential to build momentum empowering the team through transformation
Vaccination requirement (US)
DocuSign requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, to ensure the safety and well being of our employees and community, to support public health efforts, and comply with the Executive Order that applies to federal contractors, this offer is conditioned upon submission of written proof, prior to your start date, that you are fully vaccinated. DocuSign will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.