Account Executive – Mid Market (Education & Non-Profit)
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois or Seattle, Washington or Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
This Account Executive (AE) will be responsible for developing and closing existing business (use cases) by selling DocuSign's services to targeted accounts within the Education/Non-Profit vertical. They will acquire new customers and sell additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. AEs are accountable for exceeding monthly/quarterly quota, forecasting accuracy, closing, and driving adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and partners.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Regional Vice President, Commercial Sales and is designated Flex.
- Serve as the primary driving force in company’s revenue and customer success objectives through the attainment of assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quota
- Conduct discovery calls with customers and prospects to understand organizational structure, key decision makers, procurement processes, IT systems, and document workflow
- Uncover customer document process and needs in order to match customer requirements to DocuSign solutions
- Understand, position and clearly articulate the value and benefits of DocuSign eSignature and Digital Transaction Management (DTM) solutions to all levels within customer organizations
- Leverage marketing slide decks and other materials, build custom sales presentations and demonstrations to client needs, and present by phone, webinar, or in-person
- Qualify, build, and manage a sales pipeline through the development of MDR/SDR qualified leads, proactive prospecting, networking, and online social channels including LinkedIn
- Draft customer proposals, demonstrate sound decision-making abilities, and negotiate client pricing requirements and concessions within DocuSign guidelines
- Serve as the “quarterback” and primary point of contact for aligning internal DocuSign teams and resources with key customer and prospect stakeholders
- Develop short, mid and long-term strategic and tactical execution plans to ensure success in assigned territory, vertical market, and key account base
- Generate, develop, manage, and communicate expectations within assigned accounts as well as increases scope of penetration within each account
- Demonstrate organizational leadership by mentoring junior sales team members and provide increasingly high levels of impact to ensure company-wide success
- Forecast monthly and quarterly sales activity and revenue achievement
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in an AE role or equivalent quota-carrying role
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- 5+ years SaaS sales experience
- Experience selling web-based products and services
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Demonstrated ability to over-achieve quotas (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Proficient computer application skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiar with Google suite
DocuSign may require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to visit a DocuSign office, to meet with potential or actual customers or business partners, or for other business-related purposes, in accordance with local law. Please note that DocuSign has contracts with different governments globally which may require compliance with local and federal laws.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.