Account Executive – Majors (Financial Services & Insurance)
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The account executive (AE) is a highly motivated self-starter who is responsible for developing and closing new business or expanding our footprint with current customers in an assigned geographic territory. A successful AE is eager to learn, determined to adapt quickly and comfortable with some ambiguity. AEs are focused on selling additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. The AE is accountable for exceeding monthly and quarterly quotas, proactive deal management, forecast accuracy and driving adoption and usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and the broader DocuSign partner ecosystem.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Regional Vice President, Commercial sales and is designated Flex.
- Drive success of the company’s goals and objectives by achieving individual sales quotas
- Build and manage a sales pipeline through prospecting efforts into a geographic territory or within the core verticals
- Develop and deliver customized sales presentations and product demonstrations, by phone and via online demo
- Develop and negotiate enterprise-level proposals and contracts
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievements accurately through proper use of sales tools
- Collaborate effectively and engage various pre- and post-sales resources including Sales Development Representatives, Market Development Representatives, Solutions Engineers, Account Managers, Partner Account Managers, as well as legal, security, professional services and customer support
Travel as necessary, typically 25%
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of direct software sales experience in an enterprise account executive or equivalent quota-carrying role
- 8+ years of SaaS sales experience selling into Financial Services
- Experience selling web-based products and services
- Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles
- Demonstrated ability to over-achieve quotas (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Proficient computer application skills, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.