DISCO is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to drive the execution of our large scope development programs and refine our product development process.
DISCO Program Managers own the operational aspects of their programs. They are the first point of contact for engagement about any aspect of their programs' execution. They are approachable partners, are biased to action and drive accountability across the teams working together to deliver delightful legal tech solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Program Management:
- Drive planning and coordination of multiple, interwoven software design and development work streams
- Connect multiple technical teams through negotiation to clarify program scope & requirements
- Track & manage risk & change to program scope and program prioritization in an organization attuned to its customer’s needs
- Identify risks and drive execution of mitigation strategies with your teams and across the organization – removing obstacles and give ease of mind to team members
- Monitor and enhance cohesion and collaboration across teams engaged on your programs
- Program Management Office:
o Define, develop, standardize, and implement effective, consistent policy, processes and procedures.
o Deep understanding of project & portfolio management (PPM) systems, understanding their functionality and setting them up correctly.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s in Software, Computer Science or an Engineering discipline, Master’s preferred
- 10+ years experience in an advanced management role OR 8+ years as a Program Manager
- 5+ years delivering solutions with highly federated teams and responsibilities
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Experience tailoring agile methodologies & rituals to serve cross-functional
- Proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Project & Excel, Atlassian JIRA & Confluence
Even Better If You Have
- Delivered software solutions with richly featured human-computer interfaces
- Led teams through significant enhancements to existing cloud-based big data products
- Experience leading teams in a ‘work-from-anywhere’ environment
- Employed a Jobs To Be Done framework in support of system functional requirements analysis
- Led and developed a team of software project managers
This Is The Right Position For You If
- You enjoy a good story – telling one and listening to one.
- The only surprises on your programs are delightful.
- Your teams look forward to working with you again.
- You know who knows what around the business and they smile when you approach them.
- When you detect technical or dependency dissonance, you gather the right people to realign the team.
- Your values match ours: Meaningful Impact, All-In, Grit & Grace, Innovation, Craft
- When it’s time to establish your own data driven sense of the program’s status, you crack your knuckles and start slinging JQL without hesitation.
- You don’t even flinch when a member of the development team says, “It’s a one line change.”
- When you see patterns (and anti-patterns), you record them and drive changes back into the process to ensure we benefit across all our efforts.
- You create conditions enabling teams to hold themselves accountable.
- Working with you, teams understand the web of cross-functional dependencies and the importance of well documented (self-supporting) deliverables. Your teams aim to delight not just customers, but their peers.
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus RSUs
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.