We are currently searching for a Senior Accountant to join the finance team. You will work closely with the accounts payable, FP&A, and finance teams as well as cross functionally across other departments to drive efficiencies in the organization and ensure accurate and timely visibility into the Company’s financial results. This position will have the responsibility to ensure accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaid, accruals, and payroll are recorded timely and recognized in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that all non-revenue related balance sheet account reconciliations are recorded timely and in accordance with U.S. GAAP, such as the bonus accrual, sales tax, fixed assets, AP accrual, accounts payable, etc.
- Ensure expenses are timely booked properly in the appropriate department and GL line items in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Drive process improvements by working collaboratively and cross-functionally within and outside of the Finance department
- Implement, improve, and maintain various financial systems used by the Company for processes such as sales tax, fixed assets, accounts payable, etc.
- Maintain and update internal controls and process documentation
- Prepare control documentation and liaise with internal and external auditors
- Manage and identify risks within the internal control environment and proactively improve processes and controls to respond to risks
- Primary liaison with tax agencies for licenses, registrations, and returns
- Coordinate audit requests for external audits as required
- Prepare and review journal entries to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Perform other duties and projects related to role as assigned
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 3+ years of related accounting experience
- Have big 4 public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills to provide insights to provide analysis and variance explanations related to the financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and contribute to process improvement efforts
- Self starter with “Can-do” attitude and strong connection to team success
- Team player with the highest level of honesty and integrity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Must be proficient in Excel including pivot tables, vlookups, embedded formulas etc.
Even Better If You…
- Have Netsuite accounting system experience
- Prior experience in fast moving/innovative SaaS technology environment
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus RSUs
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.