Reporting directly to the CFO, this is an opportunity to lead the design and build-out of the FP&A function, and make a significant impact at a best-in-class SaaS technology company. As Datadog’s Vice President of FP&A, you will provide financial leadership to drive results and ensure operational efficiency across the organization. Working closely with the senior leadership team, you’ll partner to enhance and better integrate Finance with other functions in the business. This will include the development, presentation, and maintenance of the company’s long-range financial model and financial management reporting. Your team will manage operating budgets, lead the preparation of materials and presentations for various audiences including the Board of Directors, and guide projects from the conceptual stages through the review process and implementation.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and build a best-in-class FP&A team that can strategically think through setting up our financial processes and tools for the future, as well as create proactive working partnerships with budget owners to ensure smooth financial operations
- Create and implement an integrated business planning process, including long-term strategic planning, forecasting and annual budgeting
- Create weekly and monthly reporting to clearly identify variances to forecast, budget, and historical expenses, provided in a clear and action-oriented format to drive decisions
- Partner with business teams to create dashboards, tools, and insights that align to each team’s specific needs and financial outcomes
- Tie the company’s objectives to a clear set of metrics that we can use to track our progress; understand business drivers, create the metrics to understand them, and report on them in a high impact way
- Address ad hoc financial requests when they come up to help the business tackle the complex financial questions
Who You Are:
- Skilled in financial analysis, detail-oriented, and proficient in building and using complicated data sources, financial modeling, and multi-year projections
- A proven leader with the ability to effectively manage and develop an FP&A team
- An excellent communicator and presenter with an ability to influence all levels, including senior-level executives, with strong interpersonal skills. Additionally, an excellent problem-solver, especially within a highly innovative environment
- A leader with a track record of success in delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA a plus
- A finance expert with at least 10-15 years of experience in FP&A (or similar level of experience)
- Experience with Salesforce, Adaptive and NetSuite is a plus
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.