As a Technical Curriculum Developer on the Engineering Enablement team, you will help build programs that enable engineering employees with the skills, mindsets, practices and sense of community needed to build and deliver best-in-class software. Our team strives to build robust, scalable, and standardized programs focused on product and technology knowledge where everyone, regardless of their team or location, has an equitable experience and relevant enablement paths.
We are building a robust onboarding program for our engineers. You’ll work with internal subject matter experts to create hands-on experiences that introduce Datadog engineers to how we develop software, our tooling and various repositories. Beyond that you’ll also support the development of ongoing enablement programs focused on introducing new software, processes, tooling, etc.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop our internal facing technical education efforts built for Datadog’s engineering in collaboration with enablement program managers and internal subject matter experts.
- Partner with our engineering and product teams to produce engaging enablement materials including code labs, live and recorded presentations, documentation, presentation, facilitator guides and other content used by Datadog's engineers
- Evaluate engineering training requirements, and turn those requirements into a roadmap with clearly scoped courses that have well defined learning paths
- Document our processes so that other teams can leverage our tools and offerings
- Help create and maintain our technical systems, tools, and environments used in our various enablement programs
Who You Are:
- An experienced curriculum developer with 3-5 years experience building courses for technical audiences (e.g. engineers, developers etc)
- Able to transform technical topics into engaging, informative, and interesting educational materials
- Someone who enjoys self-driven exploration and education in new technologies, and ideally familiar with at least two programming languages
- You have previous experience as an SRE, developer, or other technical role
- You have real-world experience with containers or orchestrated environments (such as Kubernetes) or IaaS providers (AWS, GCP, etc)
- You have deep experience with monitoring tools and observability
- You have experience building tracks in Instruqt
- You have created or actively maintained a certification program
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $117,000 – $142,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.