- Full Time
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Training team falls under our Community organization here at Datadog. Our team has a passion for education, creating engaging and informative curriculum for our Learning Center, live workshops, and supporting our internal teams in creating customer-facing training materials. Our team works remotely across North America.
As a Technical Curriculum Developer, you will drive our customer facing education efforts in collaboration with both internal engineering and product. In this role you will be hands-on with the technologies Datadog monitors, as you create new and improve existing courses for the ever-expanding solutions that we offer and our growing number of customers – tens of thousands of companies across the globe!
- Partner with our engineering and product teams to produce engaging high quality training material and other content used by Datadog’s customers and partners.
- Evaluate customer training requirements, and turn those requirements into a roadmap with clearly scoped courses that have well defined learning paths.
- Create interactive labs used for self-paced courses and live workshops.
- Document our processes so that other teams can leverage our tools and offerings.
- Help create and maintain our technical systems, tools, and environments used in our various training programs.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to learn and grow as curriculum developers.
- An experienced curriculum developer, ideally building courses for technical audiences (e.g. engineers, developers etc).
- Able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative, and interesting educational materials.
- Someone who enjoys self-driven exploration and education in new technologies, and ideally familiar with at least two programming languages.
- You have previous experience as an SRE, developer, or other technical role
- You have real-world experience with containers or orchestrated environments (such as Kubernetes) or IaaS providers (AWS, GCP, etc).
- You have deep experience with monitoring tools and observability.
- You have experience building tracks in Instruqt.
- You have created or actively maintained a certification program.
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Technical Curriculum Developer role has an annual starting salary of $117,000, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.