The Writing team at Datadog is looking for a Technical Content Writer for Video who will collaborate with our Video team to write scripts for a variety of engaging, product-focused content. This includes product tour videos, technical how-to explainers, monthly feature roundups, and more. This is an opportunity to work with a highly talented group of video producers and motion graphics animators to develop clear, precise visual stories that break down complex technical concepts.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the Video team, product managers, product marketing managers, and engineers to write project briefs, outlines, visual scripts, and scripts for original videos
- Translate complex technical concepts into digestible narratives intended for both a technical and non-technical audience
- Identify and record precise, relevant, high-quality screen captures of the Datadog application for inclusion in videos
- Provide feedback to video editors and animators on the clarity and technical accuracy of videos
- Pitch ideas for new video formats and topics
- Collaborate with writers, editors, video editors, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to maximize the clarity, technical correctness, and visual appeal of our videos and articles
Who You Are:
- You are a polished writer, with samples of your work to share
- You have experience writing scripts for technical product and how-to videos
- You have 2–4 years experience as a technology writer or script writer in the technology space; and/or a CS degree; or a relevant advanced degree; or equivalent work experience
- You are proficient in at least one widely used general-purpose programming language (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- You are familiar with the cloud monitoring space
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.