Datadog is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to become an essential part of the company’s rapidly growing team. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the monthly close process and in ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in month-end close processes, such as preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform analytics over financial results to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner
- Partner with other departments to understand and support business processes, ensure proper accounting, and resolve reconciling differences
- Work with FP&A and internal business partners to investigate and document fluctuations in budget to actual variances analyses
- Prepare quarterly disclosures for quarterly 10-Q/annual 10-K filings
- Prepare supporting documentation for quarterly reviews, annual audit, and SOX compliance
- Continuously seek ways to optimize existing accounting and business processes through use of automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and assist with special projects as needed
Who You Are:
- Experienced in 0-1+ years of accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA (or on track to be certified) preferred
- Able to apply knowledge of US GAAP, with a general understanding of SOX
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines; able to multi-task
- Confidence, good judgment, self-motivated, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
- Experience working with Netsuite, Blackline, Workday HRM, Workday Adaptive, and/or Coupa
- SaaS or Technology industry experience
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Best-in-breed onboarding
- Generous global benefits
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- An inclusive company culture, able to join our Community Guilds and Inclusion Talks
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $68,000 – $90,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.