As a Senior Analyst, Real Estate, you will analyze and present data to empower leaders so they make the best possible decisions. We want you to focus your strong communication skills on interpreting data and designing reports so the numbers reflect the real estate strategic vision.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare dynamic messages for team leadership and other high-level executives
- Presentation-ready summary documentation including spreadsheets and detailed graphics to illustrate cash flows, accounting impacts and other metrics
- Occupancy cost projection modeling based on growth projections
- Prepare and analyze financial operating and capital plan
- Liaison with brokerage teams to create & analyze data models to facilitate real estate decisions and assist with transaction administration
- Research, analyze, and, in partnership with global brokers, perform financial modeling of key data and assumptions including rent, free rent, operating expenses, tenant improvements, real estate taxes, utilities, expense escalations, etc.
- Understand the financial impact of proposals, contracts and other agreements.
- Liaison with corporate teams: Finance, People, Recruiting, Business Operations and Treasury:
- Analyze cash flow forecasts and business cases for major capital projects
- Develop capacity models based on headcount growth by function and work model
- Other economic models in partnership with Accounting and Finance will include supporting cash and accounting (GAAP) basis impacts
- Engage in ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects at the request of leadership
- Use in-house and third party real estate tools to support analytical integrity and real estate administration
- Participate in and contribute to real estate strategic and operational activities
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 7 years of prior work experience in real estate financial modeling from areas such as real estate corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or real estate investment sales, or debt platforms
- A strong work ethic with effective time management and organization skills, along with the ability to work well under pressure, managing multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines, quickly and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to manage “special-projects”, multi-task and maintain efficiency of workload
- Well-organized and self-directed and comfortable working in a team environment
- Proven record of providing excellent internal customer service
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with business and financial acumen
- Excellent communication skills including sharp presentation and storytelling skills
- Comfortable explaining analysis and concepts to people with non-financial backgrounds
- A strong entrepreneurial mind with the ability to exercise critical thinking with a curiosity to ask the right questions
- Experience as a reciprocal teammate who possesses social and organizational abilities, and adaptable to different work styles and personalities
- Advanced spreadsheet capabilities, with pivot tables, graphics, etc. (Excel & Google sheets)
- A passion for real estate and thorough understanding of U.S. real estate related accounting rules (GAAP)
- Must be motivated, trustworthy, and possess uncompromising ethical standards.
- Background in the tech industry and high growth organizations
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $98,000.00 – $143,000.00, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.