Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The technical solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a company that is revolutionizing the IT monitoring space? Datadog is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our high-growth organization and world class presales team.
You will manage a team of talented Sales Engineers to help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. Coach the team on their approach to providing technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POCs).
Take the lead technical role in your region supporting customer facing activities and engagements for key accounts. Enable a strong partnership between the SE team and other organizations within Datadog.
This is a hands-on coach/player management role.
- Partner with Sales Team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers.
- Manage a team of Sales Engineers, helping to ensure customer success pre-sale;
- Assist recruiting efforts to find and hire top talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding to ensure proper ramping of skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Datadog solutions along with key technical and soft skills.
- Develop a close working relationship with Product Management, Support, and Enablement to ensure continuity between pre and post sales activities.
- Deliver semi-annual performance reviews along with collaborating on and executing individual development plans.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in an SE team lead or mentorship role.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high EQ.
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional.
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies.
- Passion and ability to educate customers on observability risks that are meaningful to their business.
- Ability to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day.
- Minimum of 3 years in a sales engineering role.
- Formal education and/or training in management skills or strategies.
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.