We are seeking a motivated lawyer who will serve as a partner and counselor in the room, providing advice to Datadog’s product-related teams and leaders on all phases of the product development life cycle.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise Engineering and Product teams on key aspects of their business as well as keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
- Support product development and deployment by developing and implementing product release checklists, reviewing product releases for issues related to intellectual property, open source, marketing, competition, export control, and other legal and regulatory issues.
- Review, draft and negotiate technology agreements, including technology partner agreements and product-related consulting, vendor, and development agreements.
- Support due diligence processes to ensure compliance with third-party agreements and, open-source licenses, security attestations and government regulations and certifications.
- Coordinate advice with other Legal advisors and cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Tax and others.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to improve processes and ensure business needs are not just satisfied, but optimized.
Who You Are:
- A law school graduate and attorney with a minimum of 7 years of combined relevant legal experience at a leading law-firm and either a government entity or a technology company.
- A professional with demonstrated experience advising clients on Software as a Service (SaaS) products and services, preferably including export control-related matters.
- A member of the New York Bar in good standing (or qualified to register as In-House Counsel with the New York state Bar).
- A graduate from a technical degree program (ideally related to computer programming) or someone with equivalent professional experience in computer software.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.