At Datadog, the People team is more than human resources – it’s a data-driven team dedicated to constantly improving the way we hire, develop, and support our most valuable asset: our people. Our People team members are strategic problem solvers who work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog keeps scaling smoothly and remains a great place to work.
Datadog is seeking a People Business Partner (PBP) to work closely with leadership and our People team to help support our growing global organization. This position will work closely to support the specific needs of the group’s employees while working strategically on all People programs and initiatives. Datadog has had exponential growth year-over-year and has no plans to stop – so there is a lot to learn from and contribute to our rapidly scaling team.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Represent our global PBP team to partner on the front line with all employees and leadership
- Advise and coach management on all things people-related, including: performance management, coaching, career paths, employee relations, compensation, organizational development and scaling, training, culture, diversity & inclusion, and employee engagement
- Build relationships and act as a resource, coach and advocate for employees in the group
- Collaborate with other PBPs and our People team Centers of Excellence to design and implement unique employee programs and create a positive experience for the Technical Solutions team
- Build, advise and consult on HR policies, guidelines, and programs, in collaboration with your HR colleagues
- Provide analysis and consulting to leadership to drive data-driven people decisions and implementation of best practices
- Assess employee development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions aligned with the organization’s broader strategy
- Handle complex global employee relations issues, working with leadership to implement best practices and approach
Who You Are:
- Experienced with 5+ years as an HRBP or in a related HR role, preferably with experience in fast-growing technology companies and best-in-class established organizations
- Able to adapt your approach and pivot your skillset from strategic, high level program implementation to granular day-to-day needs of a fast paced business
- Strong in your analytical & reporting skills; solid experience with HRIS (Workday is a bonus!)
- Experienced in working across business functions with first line and senior leadership
- A master in your project management and organizational skills, with a proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Experienced in employee relations and knowledge of global employment practices
- Someone with a clear, direct, approachable, and friendly communication style and strong customer service orientation
- Strong in your interpersonal and communication skills and able to build relationships and trust at all levels of the organization
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive Global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous career development opportunities
- Product training to develop understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.