- Full Time
We’re looking for an experienced Manager to lead and grow a team of engineers working at the intersection of multiple scaling challenges in our Revenue Engineering organization. The Revenue Query team is responsible for the ingestion, storage, and retrieval systems that serve a growing suite of datasets to consumers across our multi-cloud platform. These datasets and APIs provide insight into usage, billing, and revenue information across all of Datadog’s customers, products, and features.
This team is responsible for creating a cross-cloud and cross-region data access platform that will scale along with our business to the next order of magnitude. The team has a full-stack, hands-on culture, and solves problems from the infrastructure level (deployment, database architecture, infrastructure-as-code) up to the interface layer (designing and maintaining public-facing database APIs) – and everything in between. The Engineering Manager will work with the team and its partners to define technical strategies and roadmaps, and will work to help both junior and senior engineers meet the challenges of implementing them, advancing their careers while producing high quality software.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and grow teams of talented engineers, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they’re happy, motivated, and growing
- Work with Product Managers to establish future plans for features and functionality
- Work with Technical Program Managers and other engineering leaders around the world to deliver cross-cutting projects (e.g. running in multiple regions and clouds)
- Scale the systems to accommodate ongoing hypergrowth
- Contribute to improving quality of life and shaping the future in our engineering organization
- Coach and challenge engineers at all levels to reach their next milestones in achievement and realize their career goals
Who You Are:
- You have been building complex applications for 6+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have experience with containerized applications deployed to Kubernetes or a similar orchestrator
- You have experience working with database clusters at scale
- You have managed software engineers both individually and as teams
- You have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at high scale
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.