The GTM Strategy & Operations Associate will join a global team driving Datadog’s next phase of growth. We’re interdisciplinary thinkers leveraging diverse business backgrounds in management consulting, investment banking, business development, and tech to accelerate Datadog’s global growth. We work directly with Datadog’s most senior leaders to set corporate strategy, improve efficiency across the business, support data-driven decision-making, own complex operations, and more.
In this role, you will be tasked with identifying areas for revenue growth and designing strategic go-to-market (GTM) initiatives while resolving business trade offs – with a focus on revenue & capacity planning, optimization & expansion strategies, and KPI designs and measurement.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop strategic plans for our business and operating divisions, both short-term (<12 mo) and long-term (>24 mo) – from creating high-level recommendations (e.g. setting headcount and KPI targets) to leading new operational initiatives (e.g. defining new business priorities, driving special projects to accelerate revenue, designing incentive structures to achieve targets)
- Generate quantitative analytics and qualitative insights on how to improve the business , while maintaining business effectiveness & efficiency
- Wear many hats: partner with senior stakeholders in sales, customer success, technical solutions, product, marketing, legal, finance, and HR on key strategic and operational priorities Define key operating metrics; manage the business against those KPIs
- Work on special projects for the c-suite
Who You Are:
- At least 1-3 years in revenue or growth strategy functions, investment banking / equity research,
management consulting, or equivalent experience as a business analyst
- Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility to take on new priorities
- Strong quantitative modeling abilities: can model any operational question with high attention to detail; can explain the key tenets to senior business stakeholders
- Strong sense of ownership: will work cross-functionally and own outcomes with Sales, Technical Solutions, & Product teams
- Experience partnering with and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Experience with BI Tools (Tableau, Looker, Metabase, etc)/SQL or a willingness to learn on the job
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
- Experience in a high-growth SaaS company and/or GTM functions
- Knowledge of Salesforce and other similar sales systems
- Familiarity with cloud, observability or general SaaS business models
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $100,000 – $133,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.