Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The technical solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
Security Sales Engineers have a specialized expertise in Datadog’s Cloud Security Solutions and help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. You will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POVs). Security SEs also have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners.
- Partner with the Sales Team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy of the Datadog Cloud Security Solutions to customers
- Own technical engagement with customers during the trial phase. Communicate Datadog’s value based on activities and work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to successful conclusion
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Deliver product and technical briefings / presentations to potential clients
- Maintain accurate notes and feedback in CRM regarding customer input both wins and losses
- Proactively engage and communicate with customers and Datadog business/technical teams regarding product feedback and competitive landscape
- This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering
- You have domain expertise in security and engineering: application security, security operations, threat detection, and/or security tooling.
- Passionate about educating customers on observability and security risks that are meaningful to their business as well as relevant best practices across security, infrastructure and application architectures.
- Able to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer
- Experienced in programming/scripting with any of the following: Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.JS, PHP, and .NET etc.
- Someone with a minimum of 3 years in a Sales engineering or a DevOps engineering role.
- Able to sit up to 4 hours, traveling to and from client sites
- On average, able to travel via auto, train or air up 40%
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos or other container technologies.
- Experience in systems administration: Windows, Linux
- Experienced with config management tools like Ansible, Chef etc
- Strong knowledge of current security monitoring solutions and technologies.
- You have a relevant industry certification (CISSP, CISM, SANS, OSCP, CRISC certification or equivalent).
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.