Would you like the opportunity to work at a company that is revolutionizing the IT monitoring space? Datadog is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented leader to join our high-growth organization and world class presales team.
You will hire, develop and lead a team of talented Sales Engineers and first line managers to help qualify and close opportunities in partnership with our Customer Success organization. In addition, you will coach the team on their approach to providing technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POVs).
While developing and maintaining strong partnerships between the SE team and other organizations within Datadog, you will drive your team to apply technical expertise and solution knowledge to drive further utilization of the Datadog platform across the customer base.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and develop a team of Sales Engineers and first line managers, helping to ensure customer success pre-sale.
- Assist recruiting efforts to find and hire top talent within your region. Coach new hires during on-boarding to ensure proper ramping of skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Datadog solutions along with key technical and soft skills.
- Implement and enforce processes and procedures necessary to scale a successful regional Sales Engineering team.
- Partner with the company’s Sales Team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers.
- Develop a close working relationship with Product Management, Support, and Enablement to ensure continuity between pre and post sales activities.
- Deliver consistent feedback and performance reviews along with collaborating on and executing individual development plans. Help relevant individual contributors grow to leaders as you successfully scale the growing team throughout the region.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in a Sales Engineering or equivalent second line leadership role
- 3 to 5+ years in a previous Sales Engineering or other equivalent client facing role
- Experience building and scaling a team from the ground up, recruiting and onboarding both Individual Contributors and front line leaders. Global experience is a big plus.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and develop a team and partnerships
- Ambitious, organized, and self-motivated with a high EQ. Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies
- Passion and ability to educate customers on observability risks that are meaningful to their business
- Ability to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer and coach others on how to do so
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering while also coaching others how to do so. Additionally leveraging these skills to propose changes and initiatives while communicating progress and status.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively about a wide variety of challenges
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through change
- Familiar with Command of Message (CoM), MEDDICC, and/or other sales frameworks
- Comfortable working with Salesforce.com
- Previous experience working in a startup/fast paced organization
- Formal leadership/management training
- Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Familiar with Metabase
- Familiar with Zendesk
- Familiar with OKR framework
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSU) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, opportunity to join our Community Guilds
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $157,000 – $230,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.