Datadog’s Marketing Team is fast-moving, growing quickly and analytically driven. We aim to take over the security and IT monitoring markets by running thousands of campaigns, staying on top of competitive intelligence, supporting hundreds of events, enabling the sales team of several hundred sellers, researching and evangelizing ideas that move our industry forward, and more. Product Marketing at Datadog is an integral part of the Product, Sales and Marketing orgs. Product Marketers partner with Product Managers to craft our go-to-market strategy and bring new products to market. Of note, infrastructure monitoring is our initial, largest and most established product area.
How can you add value as a Director of Product Marketing? From building teams that define the go-to-market strategy for new products and features for infrastructure monitoring, to creating the content and programs enables our sales team and is executed on by the product marketing team, you’ll touch on all areas of the business to help Datadog find and win more customers. We give our Product Marketers the opportunity to collaborate, investigate and realize how we can gear our product strategy to yield the highest results.
As a Director on the Product Marketing team, you’ll dive deep into next-gen infrastructure and application technologies, and build out a team of product marketers that will shape go-to-market efforts for some of our core and new products.
- Recruit, scale, coach and mentor the Product Marketing Team responsible for infrastructure monitoring
- Direct the high-level competitive positioning and messaging of both new and existing (but rapidly evolving) products for infrastructure monitoring
- Use your technical background and understanding of our space to train product marketers to define compelling value propositions and conduct market research
- Oversee the creation of new courses and, maintain and optimize internal learning curriculum and tools for the go-to-market teams
- Set the direction for innovative product launches and other go-to-market strategies that produce effective content such as blogs, case studies, guides and video testimonials
- Continuously improve product marketing processes and help establish best practices for working across campaigns, creative, and sales enablement
- An experienced professional with a minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience with the cloud, physical, on-premises infrastructure or related technology
- A strong people manager with a minimum of 3+ years of managing managers and hiring manager experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related STEM field or notable experience in tech
- Able to tell compelling stories
- An exceptional writer with prior experience in producing written content
- A coach who loves to mentor and develop employees
- A strong presenter with an ability to command an audience
- MBA or an advanced CS degree
- Prior experience in monitoring, using Datadog or a similar product
- You are highly technical or have a working knowledge of any programming languages
- You’ve had professional experience in development, product management, sales engineering or another technical role
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.