We are a fast-moving, analytically driven B2B marketing team that consistently achieves industry-leading results. We show innovative companies how they can improve their applications and get to market faster. We do hundreds of events, thousands of marketing campaigns, research and evangelize ideas that move our industry forward, and more with the eventual goal of being used by every company in the world.
The Director of Global Field Marketing is a senior leader who will own and manage our global field program consisting of numerous high impact events and campaigns supporting Datadog’s growth and business initiatives. The Director will develop a robust field strategy supporting our sales team across North America, EMEA, APAC and LATAM to help capitalize on the $38+ billion market opportunity Datadog seeks to capture. You will guide a global team responsible for building high value regional programs that are focused on pipeline generation and account expansion and ensure successful execution of all field marketing efforts.
This is an opportunity to join a high performing marketing team in hyper growth mode (Datadog has grown headcount 40%+ YoY and revenue 70%+ YoY in 2021), and play a lead role in scaling our Field marketing and events program to the next level. Come join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Build and manage a global field team (who are aligned to our regional sales directors) and are responsible for developing and executing high-quality localized programs for senior-level decision makers
- Further develop various Datadog event programs such as: Executive Briefing Centers, CxO events, customer-led panels, fireside chats, webinars, ABM programs, and other bespoke experiences
- Define the overall strategy in close collaboration with enterprise sales leaders to shape programs that contribute to pipeline and opportunity creation
- Increase capacity and productivity by creating new procedures, trainings, programs and documentation to support rapid growth, and help us scale
- Oversee global program performance, leverage analytics and data to spot areas of opportunity and influence decisions
- Solidify goals, implement forecasting rigor, drive accountability across teams to hit our targets and supervise budgets ensuring appropriate and cost-effective use of resources
Who You Are:
- A field marketer with 10+ years of experience, preferably at technology companies
- A strong leader with a proven track record in people management and success in building, developing, and mentoring high performing teams
- Successful at delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional field marketing initiatives
- Understanding of the customer journey in an enterprise sales-buying cycle
- Experienced leading a business line and delivering on or exceeding business goals
- Metrics driven with demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to work strategically and tactically
- Detail oriented and can successfully execute multiple projects simultaneously while overcoming challenges and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional at solving complex problems and thinking creatively
- Able to travel ~50%
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $178,000 to $237,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.