We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The technical solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
Sales Engineers help qualify and close opportunities with customers and partners. You will provide technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, and supporting technical evaluations (POCs). SEs also have a voice with the product team to help prioritize features based on input from customers, competitors, and partners. Additionally, you will work with various teams to resolve customer concerns, escalate bug issues, and serve as an ambassador for our brand. If you want to join a friendly, passionate team with limitless potential, we’d love to meet you!
- Partner with the sales team to articulate the overall Datadog value proposition, vision and strategy to customers
- Continually learn new technology to build competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Deliver product and technical presentations with potential clients
- Have a direct line of communication with the product team to collaborate on feature requests
- Help clients onboard the product and assist when they run into roadblocks.
- Think creatively about a wide variety of technical challenges during the presales life cycle
- Knowledgeable and experienced with DevOps monitoring or architecture tools.
- Comfortable and confident in delivering technical presentations/demos to either external customers or internal teams
- Able to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day.
- Experienced in systems administrations: Windows or Linux
- Able to sit up to 4 hours, traveling to and from client sites
- Able to travel via auto, train or air up to 25% of the time
- Experience in container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Previous experience in a presales environment delivering technical and value based presentations and demos
- Previous experience in one of the following: Java, Python, Ruby, Go, Node.JS, PHP, or .NET
- Customer support or customer facing experience in any industry
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $80,000 – $110,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.