The Real Estate and Workplace Office Manager will lead Databricks' Chicago's office, with full responsibilities for the operations. You will help develop and implement programs to support employee experience and customer impact with the office environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a regional support team and manage important 3rd party relationships that will be the backbone of our growth. You will be the main office contact for the Chicago location and you will support other locations for North America. This region has over 100 employees with plans for high growth in the next 12 months. You will report to the Regional Real Estate and Workplace Manager.
The impact you will have:
- Work cross functionally with your extended North America team supporting projects and programs within the scope of Workplace and Real Estate Operations
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring guests and employees have a great impression of databricks as the main contact of the Office
- Plan, support and deliver internal events/training/hack-days and company happy hours
- Optimize and document operational processes: OpEx, CapEx, Security and Safety Programs
- Ensure facilities services requests are completed as well as help create improved analytics
- Build relationships with your partners (EA's, team leaders), partner teams (HR, IT, Finance and property management) and external vendor services
- Full responsibility for budget and contract documentation relating to our Chicago Office Real Estate and Workplace obligations are met
What we look for:
- At least 2+ years Facilities and/or Project Management experience with responsibility for operations and service delivery
- At least 2+ years of front of house experience
- Understand tenant responsibilities from a lease, working with lease providers on issues as needed and escalating relevant, necessary issues
- Financial and budget experience; including sourcing/procuring goods or services and following procurement best practices
- Experience working and managing projects within a distributed, remote environment
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.