While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
The Databricks Lakehouse Platform provides the most complete end-to-end data warehousing solution with built-in governance for all your modern analytics needs, and more. The Databricks Data & Analytics Product Marketing team has an exciting new Technical Marketing Engineer role to lead Data Warehousing, Data Governance and Data Sharing technical marketing at Databricks. As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you will drive the technical content creation across several popular data analytics, data governance, and data sharing technologies such as Databricks SQL, Unity Catalog, and Delta Sharing. In this position, you will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing and you will interact with product and field engineering to create technical blogs, notebooks, and various guides. You will also work closely with marketing to develop the content strategy that powers various campaigns that target data engineers and data analysts.
The impact you will have:
- Develop the technical content marketing strategy to drive thought leadership and customer acquisition at Databricks
- Create technical blogs, white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for our Databricks platform
- Build and maintain a demonstration environment to showcase various product and industry use cases
- Support product launch activities and assist with trade shows, conferences, and technical Sales Training
- Partner closely with product marketing and campaign owners to develop high-quality technical content to deliver on the campaign goals
- Respond to customer or field inquiries and work with a cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, Engineers as required.
What we look for:
- 5-7 years of experience in technical marketing/sales engineer in enterprise software and/or SaaS experience environment.
- Comfortable writing code in either Python, R, Scala or Java
- Experience working with open source and/or AWS/Azure
- Experience with data warehousing and data governance use cases
- Capability to create content, and manage multiple cross-functional content initiatives
- Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a sense of urgency. Must be resourceful and proactive
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, coupled with relevant professional experience;
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a federal government contractor, Databricks requires new U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Databricks will make reasonable accommodations based on medical conditions or religious grounds for qualified candidates in accordance with applicable law.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.