While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
At Databricks Information Technology, we are a product led organization transforming the way we work from how easy it is to use our IT services to the applications we develop that help us scale seamlessly in face of incredible growth.
As a Staff Product Manager, you'll join our IT team to lead & support the global Order to Cash, Revenue Recognition functions. The ideal candidate will lead the efforts in strategy formulation through to design, development and the deployment of revenue recognition solutions. As a revenue recognition solution expert, you will bring considerable revenue management expertise to help design, develop and implement revenue recognition solutions to transform the revenue automation processes. You'll be responsible for the design and implementation of change management as it relates to system updates and changes that impact Finance and require appropriate user-acceptance testing to support high-growth business initiatives, month-end close efficiency, and new product or program launches.
As a product and process leader, you are comfortable dealing with high levels of ambiguity, seeing around corners to identify blockers, making tradeoffs, and ensuring business needs are balanced against technical requirements. A strong bias for action, an ability to influence, and excellent analytical capability are essential to your success in this role. You will report to the VP, Financial Systems as part of the CIO's org.
The impact you will have:
- Design, develop and deploy the Databricks revenue recognition solutions.
- Craft and implement automation for revenue close process.
- Own and drive stakeholder relationship and cross functional initiatives.
What we look for:
- 8+ years of lead-to-cash and record-to-report processes and end-to-end architectures for consumption based business processes experience
- Revenue recognition (ASC 606, IFRS 15) expertise, including understanding of the leading practices
- Experience with end-to-end implementations of revenue recognition solutions supporting consumption based business processes
- Understanding of ASC 606 standard, accounting policies, and implications
- Experience with tool evaluation, detailing business processes, understanding upstream and downstream impact and drive reporting needs
- Enable close efficiencies through automation, minimizing manual efforts
- Experience and in-depth understanding of all aspects of the SDLC including Design, Build, QA, UAT and Support
- Develop strong business relationships and work collaboratively with the business Partners to ensure alignment of business priorities to IT deliverables throughout the solution implementation lifecycle
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience with architecture assessments and developing roadmaps to implement revenue recognition solutions
- Experience with designing and configuring cloud/SaaS revenue recognition solutions
- Experience designing integrations with upstream (billing, invoicing) and downstream ERP (GL) applications
- Experience with successfully leading complex engagements, both business and technical, including multiple dependencies and integration points
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.