While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
Want to help speed the development of medical breakthroughs? Make the next mode of transportation a reality? Or discover ways to reverse climate change? We're on a mission to help data teams solve the world's toughest problems. The opportunity is huge and Databricks has emerged as a leader. Thousands of enterprises — including Comcast, Virgin Hyperloop and H&M — already rely on us to power their businesses and we're just getting started. Now it's your turn – join us to grow your career and make an impact with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
The Databricks People Operations Shared Services Manager will report to the Director, People Operations and will have the responsibility for reviewing HR transactional processes, and leading the progression of the function and the broadening of the scope of services provided into a shared services model.
The impact you will have:
- Define strategic and operational direction of People Operations Shared Services, including defining the operational model, process design and improvement, systems of work and technology, team leadership and talent management, and vendor selection
- Define, monitor, and ensure the delivery of a comprehensive set of performance metrics that are relevant to the People Operations Shared Services operational model
- Establish standards and procedures for handling team member questions, transactions, and administration of People Operations programs
- Provide leadership in determining service level agreements, determining control standards and identifying issue escalation matrix
- Lead a team of People Operations Shared Services professionals to deliver an accurate service to the broader People team/s, and to achieve improvements in the team's performance
- Develop a functional team through recruiting, training, team building and succession planning.
- Prepare and help prepare staff development plans, performance appraisals, and assess skills necessary to achieve work goals
- Be a liaison between the broader People Operations team and the People Operations Service Center to ensure that services are aligned with internal client needs
- Instill a team member-focused mindset within the team to ensure adherence to service agreements and delivery to team members at all levels
- Model behaviors that support our common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities comply with local and federal regulations
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years of progressive Human Resources or Service Center experience required
- Minimum of three years of management experience with expertise in building and motivating teams
- Service Center management experience
- Experience designing and implemented HR Shared Services
- Knowledge of Case Management solutions
- Experience with Workday HCM
- Coach and motivate a diverse team; ensure team and individual accountability and performance standards are met
- Commitment to delivery of quality/accurate work products
- Logical reasoning to troubleshoot issues
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a federal government contractor, Databricks requires new U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Databricks will make reasonable accommodations based on medical conditions or religious grounds for qualified candidates in accordance with applicable law.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.