Databricks is looking for a Sr. Manager, Revenue Accounting to join an awesome team! You will
report to the Director of Revenue, Accounting and will lead our accounting close cycle for revenue
recognition. You will support Databricks growth by driving process improvements to scale and
automate activities related to the accounting close cycle.
The impact that you will have:
- Lead the Revenue close cycle by reviewing contracts, modifications, reconciliation files,
and revenue estimate calculations to ensure proper application of ASC 606, and
aggregate the required information for financial statement disclosures.
- Lead projects supporting revenue and billing systems automation, improvement and
- Review contracts and modifications to determine appropriate accounting treatment in
accordance with ASC 606.
- Build cross functional relationships with Revenue Operations and SEC Reporting.
- Develop a team of professionals and influence changes to products and services to align
with our financial reporting objectives.
- Design controls to ensure data integrity and promote financial reporting objectives end-
- Perform ad hoc calculations and analyses including top customer trends, flux analysis,
and reviews of forecasts versus actuals
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting.
9+ years of combined experience in public accounting and in a corporate revenue
- 4+ years managing and mentoring a team.
- Operational accounting experience in a growing SAAS technology business.
- Experience performing activities in the quote-to-cash process e.g. order review, revenue
recognition, financial statement disclosures reporting.
- Project management and accounting systems development experience preferred.
- Experience using Netsuite and Salesforce preferred.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental wellness resource
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.