While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
Reporting to the VP, Global Events & Field Marketing, this Senior Events Marketing Manager at Databricks will work with Marketing and Sales team members to generate demand and improve operations for the Data + AI Summit and other corporate events. Specifically, you will lead the marketing and audience acquisition strategy, improve conversions through channel/funnel analysis, and oversee sales enablement. You will also support the team in accomplishing a mix of other essential conference components like ancillary events, onsite demand generation programs, audience experiences, and more.
The impact you will have:
- Manage Data+AI event marketing strategy through collaboration with teams including Dev Rel, Product Marketing, digital, editorial, creative, social, ABM and regional field marketing teams
- Ensure programs exceed targets related to multi-channel audience acquisition, sales meetings, pipeline and funnel conversions, making recommendations to address coverage gaps including working with the SDR and AE teams on targeted campaigns
- Report and optimize the performance of promotions in partnership with the data analytics team to ensure the most efficient way we expand audience acquisition across priority segments
- Efficient project management and execution with Marketing and Sales workstreams
- Smooth operations of Summit marketing campaigns within agreed-upon Marketing Operations processes, service level agreements, and approved technology/systems
What we look for:
- 7+ years marketing experience, of which 5+ years experience in demand generation in a high-growth SaaS startup
- Excellent written skills, including comfort in writing promotion materials
- Efficient project management skills to build cohesive communication plans, and create agreement across groups
- Must be metrics-driven
- Experience having pipeline building responsibility
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Asana, Tableau, and Marketo (building emails, lists and landing pages)
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a federal government contractor, Databricks requires new U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Databricks will make reasonable accommodations based on medical conditions or religious grounds for qualified candidates in accordance with applicable law.
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.