As a Commercial Account Executive your mission will be to acquire and grow some of our most exciting customers in Databricks. You know how to sell innovation and change and can guide deals forward to compress decision cycles. You love understanding a product in-depth and are passionate about communicating its value to customers and partners. Always prospecting for new opportunities, you will close new accounts while growing our business in existing accounts. You will report to the Country Manager of Japan.
The impact you will have:
- Prospect for new customers
- Assess your existing customers and develop a strategy to identify and engage all buying centers
- Use a solution approach to selling and creating value for customers
- Identify the most viable use cases in each account to maximize Databricks' impact
- Orchestrate and work with teams to maximize the impact of the Databrick ecosystem on your territory
- Build value with all engagements to promote successful negotiations and close
- Promote the Databricks enterprise cloud data platform
- Be customer-focused by delivering technical and business results using the Databricks Platform
- Promote Teamwork…it makes the Dreamwork!
What we look for:
- You have previously worked in an early-stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a fast-growing organization
- 3 years of sales experience in SaaS/PaaS, or Big Data companies
- Prior customer relationships with CIOs and important decision-makers
- Simply articulate intricate cloud technologies and big data
- 3+ years of experience exceeding sales quotas
- Success closing new accounts while upselling existing accounts
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Japanese
- Bachelor's Degree
- Benefits allowance
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Want to help speed the development of medical breakthroughs? Make the next mode of transportation a reality? Or discover ways to reverse climate change? We're on a mission to help data teams solve the world's toughest problems. The opportunity is huge and Databricks has emerged as a leader. Thousands of enterprises — including Comcast, Virgin Hyperloop and H&M — already rely on us to power their businesses and we're just getting started. Now it's your turn – join us to grow your career and make an impact with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.