Databricks operates at the leading edge of the Unified Data Analytics space and our customers turn to us to drive the accelerated innovation that their businesses need to gain first mover advantage in today's ultra competitive landscape.
Due to exceptional success in Central Europe, we are looking for a Senior Sales Director, Named Accounts to join our world-class sales organisation leading a team of Named Account Executives based in Germany.
As a Senior Sales Director, Named Accounts, your role is to develop some of the most strategic partnerships in Germany. Reporting to the RVP, Strategic & Named accounts, you will manage a team of Named Account Executives covering specific industry markets like Retail/CPG, FSI or Manufacturing, Lifescience and Energy. In doing this, you will develop the existing team focused on new business and driving consumption, and scale the team through new hires, building a culture of collaboration and performance.
The impact you will have:
- Utilise your business network to develop a pipeline and hire qualified candidates to grow the team
- establish a regional growth and investment plan in the first 90 days
- Sponsor and develop trust-based relationships with customers and partners to ensure long-term success in the region
- Ensure forecast accuracy and develop a predictable, high-growth business
- Coach your team to lead with value-based selling and align to our customers outcomes
- Develop an understanding of technical product details and roadmap to build trust with key stakeholders
- Be the front-line voice of Databricks, effectively communicating the value proposition through proposals and presentations
What we look for:
- Experience in recruiting and managing teams responsible for (and selling to) strategic global accounts
- Experience in the Big Data, Cloud, or SaaS sales industry
- Proof of consistently exceeding sales quotas in high-growth Enterprise software companies
- Experience implementing strategies for both usage and commit based revenue models
- Experience developing the partners ecosystem as Executive Sponsor to grow strategic accounts
- Experience of value selling and structured methodologies e.g. MEDDPICC, Command of the Message and Challenger Sales
- Desire and passion for building a collaborative, performant team culture
- Live our core values: customer obsession, teamwork makes the dreamwork, own it and let the data decide!
- Fluency in German and English is essential
- Employer contributions to public or private health plan
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
- Awesome coworkers!
- Paid Parental Leave
Want to help speed the development of medical breakthroughs? Make the next mode of transportation a reality? Or discover ways to reverse climate change? We're on a mission to help data teams solve the world's toughest problems. The opportunity is huge and Databricks has emerged as a leader. Thousands of enterprises — including Comcast, Virgin Hyperloop and H&M — already rely on us to power their businesses and we're just getting started. Now it's your turn – join us to grow your career and make an impact with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.